Crucified With Christ


Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

This is a verse that a lot Christians know by heart. We know it because it states what we should be and I, for one, am often convicted by it because It makes be see how much I have picked up my old life and begun to drag that dead man around again. I want desperately to live a life on fire for God, to live as one who never faltered, to be perfect in God’s eyes but I know that is completely out of my reach. Not only does my old man need to die but I still have to live in this fleshy world. It would completely impossible for me to do this aside from God’s saving grace. I must be crucified with Jesus that he may be allowed to live and operate through me. That no trace of my former self would be evident in anything I do. A common theme in my life has been putting my faith in God to do what He has said he will do. It’s so easy to say “have faith” but it is so much harder to actually have faith in the face of dooming circumstances. God never said it would be easy but He will reward us for our faith. He will bring good out of evil and He will do what He says He will do in spite of what we see right before us. You only have to look at a handful of people known for their faith to see that God really does reward the faithful. He really does enjoy it when we put our trust in Him even it seems like the silliest option. He loves to astound us with His great power to save and heal out of impossible circumstances. No matter what you are going through remember God is bigger than anything this world can throw at you, and He loves you more than you can imagine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord on High

The Lord Has Made All

Heirs of God