Heirs of God


Romans 8:17
and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

God never promised us life would be easy. In fact Jesus said we would be persecuted because of Him. However, he has made us His sons and daughters so we are now also made heirs to everything God has. We have access to our Heavenly Father at all times through His Holy Spirit. It says in James that we should rejoice whenever trials and tribulations come our way because it only increases our reward in heaven. I am called to pick up my cross and follow Jesus with all that I am for the rest of my life. This will require many hard days, hard weeks, and hard years to come but I am assured through all these things God will be right by my side through every trial and tribulation. I am reminded by this verse that it is all for good that I go through trials. I know in the end I will be lifted up with Him who died to save me. In my early stages of Christianity (really up until last year) I was under the impression that if you are a christian no bad things will happen to you, despite verses I had read to the contrary. Since coming here to Cambodia I have seen how christians suffer and are persecuted for their beliefs. The devil does not want people to be saved, he is the enemy of our souls. The devil will do everything in his power to keep people from believing in God, sowing seeds of doubt, or lies like the one I believed, and then driving them in with circumstances. In all of this we must remember that God is above all of this, He is bigger than the devil and has already defeated any hold the devil had on us when He died on the cross for our sins. All these things which seem bad will in the end be for our glory, stand fast against the storm seeing God ever before you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord on High

The Lord Has Made All