The Lord Has Made All


Proverbs 16:4
“The Lord has made all for Himself, Yes even the wicked for the day of doom.”

The other day I was lamenting why God would make such bugs as termites, cockroaches, spiders and other creepy crawlies that seem to serve no purpose other to annoy me. When my teammate seriously challenged me to ask God, This seemed really silly to me, why would He care to answer such a silly little question. Well I finally decided to ask Him, and I really believe He gave me the answer in the form of this verse. My teammate also pointed out that before sin was brought into the world these creatures probably did do something worth while. Anywho, back to this verse, I prayed and then opened my bible app to find the above verse. Stating that God really did make all things and creatures for Himself, even the wicked He made for the day of judgement. Now this may seem extremely controversial, Why would a good God make bad things? Well the answer is very simple really, it goes back to His desire for companionship. He created us to serve Him but our God didn’t want servants who blindly serve Him, He wanted companionship, He wanted beings who purposefully choose to follow and worship Him. It only makes sense then that in order for this to be possible there had to be another option. In the garden as in today that choice is sin. So God did create a choice for us but He never wanted us to choose evil. Even so He is a good God and has worked all things together for His glory and our good. Soon we will live in His perfect world, where there is no more sin and wickedness and where His people who have chosen to follow Him will reside. I can’t wait to see what cockroaches and termites are good for but until then I have been reassured that my Creator really does care about the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord on High

Heirs of God