Blessed are Those Who Wait...


Isaiah 30:18
The Lord will be gracious
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you,
and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
blessed are all those who wait for him.


Blessed are all those who wait for him, what a profound statement! Yet so easily put aside. I know I don't like to wait, because waiting for God makes me feel like I'm not in control. Which, in the end, is true; I'm not in control, God is. He wants to show us His graciousness, He loves to give us opportunities to trust Him so He can bless us for our faith. That is so mind blowing to me! First God is in control so I don't have to be, second He doesn't need me for Him to do anything, third He loves me so much that He wants to bless me even when I literally have no part in helping Him. He sets up opportunities for me to trust Him just so He can bless me. How awesome is that! My Father wants to bless me so much so that He finds ways to do it. He will literally set up impossible circumstances just to give me a chance to trust in Him that my faith might be made new! Why do I ever doubt His goodness and love? Why do I ever doubt His words? This life is as a breath, it is so short and it's honestly too short to be messing around with the doubts the devil speaks to us. Let us take a stand! Let us believe God will do what He has said and then let us watch it happen! Even if it doesn't happen for another fifty years I am assured that He will do it. He will not fail. He will not be shamed, He will not be called unfaithful for He is a God of His word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord on High

The Lord Has Made All

Heirs of God