Submit to One Another


Ephesians 5:21
“Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”

As I started to think about this verse I had to break it down. And I came up with this:
That we should submit to one another, not because any one of us did anything to worthy of my submission to them, but because of Jesus Christ’s example of submission to His Father.
Jesus came here and was the lowest of the low and payed the ultimate price for my sin. He simply asked me to pick of my cross, leave everything behind and follow Him. By following His commands I submit to Him, and in turn He asks me to submit to my peers. I am to be the lowest of the low. The servant of all just as Jesus was. I must not take pride in my death to myself but find joy in the life that He gives me. This week could not have come at a better time. For the most part I don’t struggle with serving others or thinking of myself last. Yet I find myself taking pride in laying myself down. I find myself doing it just to be seen.
Application
So I have chosen to keep my application a secret that I may not boast in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord on High

Whoever Finds His Life...

Be Utterly Astounded