Servants No More


John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead have I called you friends, for everything that I learned from my father I have made known to you.

Wow. I seem to say that a lot but it’s how I feel. Jesus has called me His friend? He’s chosen to bring me into His circle of business that I might know what’s going on instead of just simply doing what I’m told. I find it interesting that He says, “I no longer call you servants” this would imply that at one point they were called servants. Showing me that, like the parable, they were faithful with little and now that are to be faithful with a whole lot more. I am in awe, (again) that Jesus would want to include my finite mind and understanding in His infinite world. I am amazed He would want to hear or take into consideration anything I would say to Him! This just goes to show how much God truly loves His creation and how much He really wants us to be a part of His kingdom work.
Application
God has called me His friend, I know as a good friend I need to listen. Never mind the fact that He is the author and creator of the whole universe. So, this week I will purpose to spend time just sitting in God’s presence. I will plan to do this before I go to bed at night since that is usually a nice quiet time for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord on High

Whoever Finds His Life...

Be Utterly Astounded