Called to be Free


Galatians 5:13
You my brothers are called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather, serve one another in love.

We are call to be free, wow, free to serve each other in love, free of stress put on us by outward forces. We are free to joyfully serve one another. This verse was very freeing to me. As I have been putting on a lot of stress to get my homework done, spend my time with God, work out, get into deep conversations, try to sleep as well as a list of other things. This verse set me free. Yes I still have to do those things but they are not as important as serving my God and my class mates. I know that when I get my priorities straight with Him at the top of my heart, mind, and day that He will take care of the rest. As I was writing that part the song “shoulders” by for KING & COUNTRY came on. Haha God has a great sense of humor doesn’t He. Anywho, I am called give my cares to the one who breathes stars! The one who created the universe! Holds the whole thing in His hands! The one who created time and all I know in this finite world! Yet, He cares about my little stresses and wants to take them off my shoulders if only I’ll let Him! Wow He continually blows me away.

Application
Dear Father,
I thank you for opening my eyes to a very small part of your awe and wonder! Lord I ask that you would continually help me to look to you today, as I get bogged down by task after task, that I would look up to you and smile, knowing that while you created this whole universe you still see fit to care about the people on this one tiny planet in your universe. Father I thank you that your shoulders are more than big enough for my stress, sarrows, and cares. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord on High

Whoever Finds His Life...

Be Utterly Astounded