We Brought Nothing


1 Timothy 6:6-8
But godliness with contentment is gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing from it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

Contentment. Sometimes it comes across as being ok with something even if you’re not really ok with it. Truly this word or idea means being joyful in God, and really needing nothing else to fill your earthly desires. A lot of times I find it hard to find my fulfillment in Jesus, However, I have realized that it’s only when I look at the things of this world, take my eyes off my king, and begin to look at the fading beauty around me that I feel discontent. I have tried to find peace in the things this world has to offer but I have never found peace like what I have in Jesus. I can truly say I am content in my savior, I need no earthly thing. I have food and clothing, and am more than content with that. However I also have a personal relationship with my savior Jesus Christ. What more could I ask for?
Application
So today during servant time, even though I am still sore from our hike Saturday I will choose to find my Joy in my King. I have no other need beside Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord on High

Whoever Finds His Life...

Be Utterly Astounded