Do not Become Lazy


Hebrews 6:12
We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

This week has been on perseverance, it has become very apparent to me how intertwined faith and patience are with perseverance. First you must have faith that what you are waiting for will come to fruition, second we must have patience and know that all things happen according to God’s perfect timing. I know in my life neither of these have been especially easy. Sure I can have faith for a short while but is it really faith if it doesn’t stand the test of time? I am usually pretty patient too but when it comes to God...well I tend to expect everything to happen “snap snap snap” but it doesn’t work that way. I smile when I think about how God must react to my constant begging for a timeline. He probably sits back and laughs, knowing the plans He has for me. All three of these; faith, patience, and perseverance are how we should wait for the inheritance promised to us. We just hiked the local dormant volcano called “agua”, the top of this volcano is 10,000 ft above sea level. The trail to the top is seven miles up and seven back. There are rocks the whole way up. Most of the trail is in a ditch made from the water that used to come out of the volcano. It’s rough and my feet still hurt. But in all of this, from the bottom to the top, I had faith that I would reach the top, I was patient and enjoyed the journey, I had wonderful companions who didn’t complain, it was a great time of getting to know each other through a mutual trial. On the way down we were all tested. The road seemed harder, longer, and more treacherous. Someone rolled an ankle, another hurt their knee, we even came across and were able to help, a native who had fallen and hit his head on a rock. We were all sore, the mood was grim but in all of this we had the promise of dinner and a bed waiting for us at home. You see, faith, patience, and perseverance are all very tangible though they may not seem like it at first.
Application
So this week my application is to show my patience to God by not asking Him about my future, I will pray for my classmates, family, and friends, but I will not ask God about my future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord on High

Whoever Finds His Life...

Be Utterly Astounded